With the holidays around the corner, everyone is looking for that special gift for their loved ones. There are so many things you could offer as gifts. This year, why not offer something from the heart like homemade cookies? Make it your little holiday project that will sure fill your heart with joy. The mere fact that you took the time to bake will impress your friends and family. Cookies can be wrapped up nicely like any presents would. Or, just think of them as clothes and accessories. Mix and match to create your own style or make it unique with that special person in mind. Below are a few tips from Myrecipes.com and Martha Stewart’s website. I’ll be using these myself in the next couple of weeks.
1. Place cookies in glassine bags or wrap individually in cellophane, and tie with colorful ribbons.
2. Package cookies in small wooden boxes lined with colorful tissue paper.
3. Wrap preety boxes and/or containers with seasonal gift wrap, art paper, ribbons and twill tape.
4. Try repackaging. Use everyday items, such as egg cartons or takeout boxes, and dress them with colorful holiday decorations.
5. If you’re on a budget, use inexpensive glass containers and put a bow on top.
6. Use cookie jars. This way, you’re giving two gifts in one.
7. Package cookies in small wooden boxes lined with colorful tissue paper.
8. Heap cookies into inexpensive tins lined with tissue or parchment paper.
9. Wrap cookies in wax paper, secure with a ribbon, and tie a cookie cutter to the ribbon.
10. Present cookies in small compotes, wrapped in sparkling celophane, and adorned with small ribbons.